Pages

Monday 15 September 2014

French Pharmacy

If you're interested in beauty and skincare you probably already know that french pharmacies are known for their good quality skincare (Even Gwyneth Paltrow raves about it on her website goop.com and Lisa Eldridge has a whole video on french beauty buys!).
And if you're really really into skincare and been to paris you might know City Pharma. 
It's a pharmacy in Saint Germain (near Café de Fleur, which you should check out anyway!). All the beauty editors, models and skin care fanatics go there, because they have a wide range of all the good beauty products and lines like NUXE, La roche Posay, Bioderma etc. Due to the increasing popularity it's crowded in there and you should probably leave your boyfriend or husband at home or at the hotel if you end up going there. It's skincare heaven and much cheaper then the other pharmacies around (and of course than the prices for said products in your homecountry, IF they exist there). In Switzerland the pharmacies stock a lot of french brands but they're much more expensive and we don't get all the products, so there are a few things I always like to stock up on when in Paris!

Here's what I bought this time!


Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré is what all the great makeup artists use. It has won many awards and alot of models swear by it (as seen on intothegloss.com/amodelrecommends.com). I have personally never used it before but had to give in all the hype. So far I really like it, it's moisturizing but not in a greasy way and I can see it becoming a staple product in the colder months. The Lait-Crème Fluide has the exact same ingredients as the Concentré version but is much bigger and cheaper so I'm looking forward to try that and hope it works just as well!




Effaclar Duo from La Roche Posay is another product with rave reviews. I've bought it a couple of times and really like it for occasions when my skin is breaking out. It's important to use an spf though because of the acidic ingredients. It came with a generous 50ml sample of the new effaclar cleanser. Haven't tried that one yet...



Everybodys all time favorite make up remover and another celebrity staple is Bioderma Créaline H2O Solution Micellaire. I bought it numerous times and love it soo much because it removes every last bit of makeup without leaving any residue. And I know you can get it in the UK and US but I've never seen it in Switzerland. 


The Bioderma Atoderm Mains handcream and the Atoderm Lèvres lip balm came in a pack of two so I thought I'd give them a try and so far I think the lip balm is a great option for everyday. The handcream is ok but I wouldn't buy it again because it has that powdery feeling to it that some hand creams have.



La Roche Posay Zerozinc is a great thermal mist infused with zinc and I really feel like it calms my skin down. Apart from that I just like the refreshing feeling when I spray it on in the mornings. Wakes me up a little... :)


Last but not least Uriage Huile Nettoyante Apaisante. It's for body and face but I only use it on my face because I like my showergels to smell nice (and this cleanser doesn't smell at all). Can't really say much about it yet, because with cleanser I think you need some time to see results but so far so good. 


And they were really generous and gave me a nice amount of samples. 


That's just what I bought to stock up and try out. There are a lot more great products that I really like to use, a lot of them from NUXE. I just wanted to overview my haul and share my opinion. What are your favorite french beauty buys? I'd looove to know!!






No comments:

Post a Comment